Friday, May 26, 2017

Three Days Off!


OMG, I'm so exhausted by life right now. I'm not going to say anything political other than HOLYSHITIT'SCRAZIEREVERYDAY!!! ARRRGH!!!!!

Pictures? Here's some pictures:

Why it's hard to get out of bed and go to work:



Note the truly disgusted expression on Sophie. She was NOT ready to get out of bed! This is wrong!

My daughter scored a passholder advance preview of Pandora, the new Avatar land at WDW. I have seen bits of the movie and I'm vaguely aware of the plot, so I can't judge this on authenticity (but considering it's Disney, I'm guessing it's the actual planet) but it's just gorgeous! The landscape alone must have cost a couple million, and I can't wait to go back at night in the fall and see all the glowing plants aglow. There are two rides, but we only got to go on one, a boat ride through the landscape at night. Very pretty, extremely well done. And the restaurant truly looks amazing! I like how they covered all sorts of dietary requirements with a "build your own bowl" plan. You can top your bowl of grains and veggies with meat if you want, but you can put together a great meatless combo. I want to eat there next fall when we use our fast pass coupon for the banshee ride.







Here's some pictures from the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival. I did something INSANE last weekend! I realized that I don't have to walk around my own neighborhood if I feel like driving to a park! And Epcot is a park! And I have a pass and free parking! So last Saturday I got up and went to Epcot shortly after opening, and did two laps around the World Showcase before the crowds started pouring in. I did pause to take pictures:









I did pause to grab my favorite lunch, the veggie platter at Tangerine Cafe. It's truly too much food for one person. I did my best, but a falafel and half that big delicious pita was left behind.


And I need an intervention for my mug addiction:


Otherwise, the world is laughing at us, the executive branch of our government is leaderless, the Congressional leadership is either compromised or spineless or probably both, but the rank and file people in government who get shit done are still in there fixing things and keeping things afloat, and the Resistance is working. My crocheted cocoon cardigan is nearly done, and I'm very, very grateful for a 3 day weekend. I will update this weekend, I promise! Delaney graduated Pre-K today and is now officially a kindergarten student, and may God help her teacher, because this kid is a pistol. She'll be doing dance day camp this summer, and it sounds fabulous! I am a terrible grandma, because I didn't even buy her a VPK graduation present! We're going to Magic Kingdom tomorrow, though it will be hotter than the exhaust fan from Satan's Dry Cleaning, and I will be all about the hydration. Delaney can pick a $20 item from a gift shop as my graduation gift. Her mother thinks she'll pick an Ariel bubble blower, because she's been eyeing it. We'll see, but whatever it is, as long as it's not more than $20 (because hey, it's just Pre-K, I'm not buying her a freakin' CAR) she can make up her mind on her own. She's a smart shopper, and I'm curious about what she'll decide.

Three. Days. Off. ThankyouJesus.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Okay, I'm starting to understand about Disney world. And it's great that you have a fun place like Epcot to go for a walk. But there's a kitty belly to pet!

Catherine said...

The kitty belly is not neglected. 😁