Sunday, December 09, 2012

Week One - Done!

 Last week started with a whimper - from me.  I was walking the dogs and noticed Sophie's little behind was looking a little misshapen.  Uh-oh.  We were starting another round of anal gland issues, and I wanted to jump on it right away, before it got really bad.  So I took her to the vet, figuring they could express the sac and we'd go on our merry way.  The vet couldn't get anything out of it, though it was definitely enlarged and beginning to abscess, and had to sedate her and lance it.  Several hours and $208 later, I left with prednisone and an antiseptic cleanser and a topical antibiotic.  It seems to be fine now (fingers crossed) but damn, REALLY?  A few weeks before Christmas?  I thought we were done with this problem after the major ordeal in Asheville in August, 2011 - when we went more than a year without a recurrence.  Apparently not.  If it happens again, I think we need to discuss removing those glands.  In this case, the third time is NOT the charm.

I'm loving coaching, though I have a to-do list that makes me dizzy to contemplate.  Good stuff, all of it, but hours and hours of work.   I'm loving the program, it's very hands-on and also very useful stuff.  I like that it's not just the usual "Prospect, prospect, RAH RAH RAH!" stuff, but some innovative ideas that wouldn't have occurred to me, like ways to work with new home builders to promote their inventory.  Fun stuff! 

Kimmen, something weird happened with your comment - it's in my email but I don't see it attached to a blog post!   Anyway, the fridge is this one:  LG.  I love the size, the storage drawers, the quality of the shelves and the deep bins on the doors.  Not so crazy about the fingerprint-y shiny exterior, but I keep those stainless appliance wipes handy and wipe off the prints now and then.  It would have been better in a matte stainless finish, especially since it doesn't have standard handles, but the finish wasn't a deal-breaker.  It sounds like yours is doing exactly what mine did, and after three rounds of "repairs" that didn't fix the issue, I surrendered.  It really wasn't easy to find a quality fridge that was big enough but not too big!  Those French-door behemoths are hugely popular, but I didn't want a $2000 monster fridge in a two bedroom condo, even if the space allowed it.  This was the largest model that would fit, and it had a factory-installed icemaker (lots of similar models didn't, you had to buy the kit separately and have the technician install it).

My daughter and I were talking yesterday, complaining as usual about our lack of doing "normal" things, like going to the mall, so today we are making a trip to Millenia.  I may not buy much, but I will at least get an idea of what grownup women are wearing to work these days. I need a work wardrobe desperately - coordinated clothing with actual accessories that I can put on each day without thinking too much about it.  I have random pieces of this and that, but few "outfits".  I'm having a new professional head shot taken on Tuesday (in prep for rolling out a bunch of personal promotion marketing stuff later this month) and I'm not even sure what I'll wear for the photo!  I can fake something; I have jackets and of course it's a HEAD shot, but that's about what I face when I get dressed every day.  It is yet another thing on the endless list of things I need to deal with this month.  So today we will go crazy and plunge into the holiday shopping crowds, eat lunch out, and have a little fun.

Canceled due to an outburst of responsibility on my daughter's part - she has laundry and grocery shopping to do before another work week starts. So do I, but I was all set to blow it off.  How did she turn out to be such a sensible, responsible adult with ME for a mother? 

I'm really looking forward to next Saturday!  We are going to the AKC Eukanuba National Championship!   Last year was so much fun, my son-in-law is taking the day off to go with us this year.  I have a much better camera this year, so prepare for tons of photos! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for answering about the fridge! I saw my comment didnt post and was sure I'd have to try again. Mine just started roaring like a jet engine a few moments ago. I can see some research is going to be done tonight...

Kimmen