Tuesday, December 06, 2011

No Cuteness Today

Particularly if we are talking about my passport photos. I had to do them twice, because the first ones made me look like a homicidal prison matron. Seriously Scary Shit. The second I can live with - not as nice as my driver's license, but I'll be damned if I was going to carry a passport that would make a customs official shriek and drop it in horror - those passport photos are around for years. And I got fingerprinted for the real estate license stuff. And I paid for the new blinds for the condo. I'm doing laundry now. That was my day. Shall I tell you about the cat throwing up, or save that excitement for tomorrow?

Changing subject: I wish I knew who turned me on to The Bugle podcast. Being an American, I am only vaguely aware of international news - more aware than any of the Republican presidential candidates, but not well informed, because Americans are told more about the Kardashians than European economics in our news outlets. Justin Bieber's alleged babydrama is a headline. You have to dig deep for an explanation of the Greek economic crisis, because American news outlets have declared it Boorring! The Bugle is a sort of looser, more profane international Daily Show - they read and snark about world news, and it's interesting and hilarious. The U.S. is a frequent topic, but I enjoy hearing about the crazy crap going on in the rest of the world. It is somehow reassuring to hear that our idiocy isn't even that original.

My other fun find of this holiday shopping season! I don't know if it's a new website or if my Google Fu just totally failed me last year: I can buy Harney & Sons tea online! I am delighted because the Asheville family introduced me to the Paris tea last year and I fell hard, and then couldn't find it. I don't know if this website is NEW, or if it was just search engine impaired last year. Anyway, my Paris tea arrived today, in loose form for me, and tea sachets for gifting - both Paris and Holiday tea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the link to Harney and Son's Teas. Wow!

Lella