Friday, April 21, 2006

Oh, My God, He's a Busy Dog!

Dudley has a new project.

When we bought this house ten years ago, it had an (ancient, in bad shape) screened-in spa and an outdoor shower. We took out the spa when the heater gasped its last, the screen enclosure went next and the porch it was attached to is now the office in which I sit. (I would LOVE to have a spa again but that one was just not worth the price of rehabbing it.) The outdoor shower remained, unused. It had a wooden "deck" under it. The deck got old, nobody was using the shower, and it really needs to be taken out. So Dudley decided to start removing it. Such a helpful dog! He's figured out that this is a fun doggie demolition project - his registered name of "Demolition Dudley" was prescient. He's got half of one of the boards out of there already. When I get back from my cousin's on Sunday afternoon, I guess I'll be out in the yard, finishing the job for him, because I don't need him hauling rotten wood into the house piece by piece. He's so pleased with himself.

Demolition Dudley indeed.

1 comment:

KatyaR said...

Wow, maybe he could make some extra money this summer doing demo work around your neighborhood! :<)) Funny dog!