Saturday, September 25, 2004

The storm is still well offshore but we're already getting a few light outer bands - it gets dark, rains for three minutes, the sun comes out again. Right at this moment it's so dark I had to flip on the lights. I'm trying to time removing the pond pump - I don't want to do it earlier than I have to, but I think after lunch it will be time to pull it and the filter and take them inside. It's not hardwired in and not on a GFI circuit so I really don't want to take any chances. By late this afternoon/evening we'll probably be getting more steady rain, though landfall isn't until what, 2 a.m. or so. This is going to be a 24 hour event, or so they say. Whatever - I have ice, food, flashlights, magazines and adult beverage. Tomorrow will be a mess. Fingers crossed for the skylight again please, all of my friends have roof or skylight leaks, I don't know why I haven't so far, but three major storms in six weeks is certainly tempting fate. And if I keep power on I'll be so very, very happy.

I went to FedEx only to find that the package wasn't mine - it wasn't possible to read the name or address, but the phone # started with a different area code. Whoopsie. I went on to Barnes and Noble and bought books and magazines - nothing knitting related. Right now I'm puttering around the house, bored and waiting - I've run out of errands and I'd just as soon not add to the traffic on the road. I'm planning projects - I think while I have power today I'm going to charge up the laptop and inventory my yarn stash. That's probably the best way to curtail buying more yarn, plus my stash is so embarrassingly large, I honestly have forgotten a lot of what I have. Yep, I could sit at the kitchen table with each plastic bin of yarn and input the contents. Sounds like a plan. Anything is better than launching into Storm Snacking.

No comments: