Thursday, October 10, 2024

We are fine.

 Well, sort of. No power, but otherwise no major damage. A tree fell at the house, my “son-in-law” says he can borrow a chainsaw and deal with it and fix the fence panels it took out. I said I’d pay to hire a redneck so he can do his fancy important day job, but he’s basically Bob Vila in his spare time and I know chainsaws are fun, so I won’t spoil it if he really wants to do it  Thank GOD it fell on the fence and not the house  

Orlando fared pretty well, we were lucky Milton weakened and went a bit south, but for some reason our entire neighborhood of about 1000 homes is dark.  Hopefully we’ll get an update on restoration tomorrow  

I am writing this on my iPad by lantern, using my phone as a WiFi hotspot. I’m old enough to miss having a real keyboard so I’m going to grab a flashlight and take the dogs for a walkie, then we’re going to bed crazy early. 4 hours of disrupted sleep last night. Tomorrow, no coffee, a cold shower, and the office.  Where there will be coffee. 

Fingers crossed for power tomorrow. 

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:44 PM

    It's been a long couple of days. Thank you for letting us know you're okay. -k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you are all okay! That was really a dreadful storm, those tornadoes were something. Be safe and hope you can get some coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth1:22 PM

    Oh so very happy you and the pups are safe and your house is OK. The fence?! Well, it is a fence. I hope you enjoyed that first cup of coffee!!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:58 PM

    glad you're ok! and I saw on your FB post that you now have power, whew! - Caroline

    ReplyDelete