Sunday, July 17, 2005

Nantucket Basket

Is this not precious? When I saw it, I thought how nice it would be as a catch-all for a bedside table - easy to pick up, could hold anything - a small knitting project and/or a remote and eyeglasses and phone and paperback book - and it's easy to pick up and move. My felting mania finds a new target.

Still working on the apple green kid hat for charity. Still haven't decided on a choice for the Mermaid Jacket, but yes, I'm buying that sucker. Geogrrl has influenced me, dammit, and now the gray-rose colorway is on my radar. I just can't decide whether to go bold and perhaps limit the wearability but have something really striking, or go with blues or grays and maximize wearability. The latter is of course the sensible way to go, but the dramatic choice still has appeal. I wish I could see the colorway described as "Black/Cypress/Kingfisher." Black I can figure out without a secret color decoder ring. Cypress could be a deep green or a brown or even a rusty color. Kingfisher? I'm guessing it's a bright blue, but I'm not sure all kingfishers have that bright blue coloring. If the cypress is green, and the kingfisher blue, and black is, uh, black that could be great, very dramatic and yet wearable. If it's some other roll of the color dice, not so great. I can't find a photo so I won't take the chance.

The last week of the Olde Job beckons, and frankly, it can't be over soon enough at this point. I thought I'd be really kicking myself, but I have adjusted to the idea that a fresh start and new challenges will do me a world of good, and God Knows I'd never get them in Dilbertworld. I'm off next week, and I plan to make it an at-home vacation - wander around places I rarely get to visit, go to the gym every morning, maybe even go by the NSLYS to pick up the latest Rowan mags. And clean out my head to make room for new things. Yep.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you decided to go ahead and get the mermaid kit. I know it's tough to choose colors, but I get myself out of that dilemma by telling myself I don't have to make just one.....I could make another in a different color! I never do, but it always makes me feel good about my color choice. BTW, you deserve a little treat for taking that new job - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't yet looked at the pictures (they take forever to load outcheer in the country) but since you are being SO bold as to take a New Job without a Dress Code - bold won't be so limited an option any more.

    Make that darned statement, sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:53 AM

    Yay! there is life after Dilbertworld..!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bess, apparently I always make a statement - this isn't about not being too "corporate" just about matching the wardrobe best. My problem is I love almost all of the color combinations. I'm paralyzed by indecision.

    ReplyDelete