Sunday, June 26, 2005

Is this any way to spend a "day of rest?"

New Saucony running shoes that fit my boxy little feet very nicely, courtesy of DSW, with birthday $5 off coupon. I wore them this afternoon running errands to break them in, and my feet are SO happy. I will never go this long in old shoes again. I will not have to avoid the treadmill because it caused miserable aching in my toes, because my feet had no support. Aaaahhh.

New cellphones (while Sprint offered amazing discounts with renewed contract, I wasn't going to let THAT slide). Clean pond, (I think I'm down to 7 fish, but it was hard to count.) Clean patio, clean bathroom, clean laundry, freshly colored hair. My PMS demanded a huge batch of black beans and rice, and who am I to argue? Some women want chocolate, I want ethnic foods. Twice cooked pork one month, calamari the next, this month, black beans and rice. It's cheap and good and very nutritious eats.

The boys are so cute when they get biscuits. They each get one, but they don't eat their own. They take one, play keep away for a bit, then share it. After they share the first one, go back for the other one and repeat the game. I don't know what Murphy will do when this dog moves out. Lapse into a funk, I suspect.

Fiber things: I've almost finished the crocheted Zen shawl. I like it. It's not fine and delicate but because of the texture of the ribbon yarn, it's slithery and drapey. I have an urge to finally break out the Fiesta yarn I bought, oh, God, Feb. 04? to do that knitted but similarly brain-dead-easy shawl in those gawgeous turquoises. Plus I have the yarn I bought from Spirit Trail at MDS&W, which, I think, would make an awesome tank to go with said shawl.

And tomorrow is freaking Monday again. Tuesday job interview, Thursday eye exam. Then three day weekend. Enough to stave off boredom, I think.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:00 PM

    Somewhere in this week I believe is your birthday....just wanna wish you all JOY and BLESSINGS!
    Cheers, dear!
    Greta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you, it's today, actually, though the actual celebrations are deferred to the end of the week. I like doing Birthday Week.

    ReplyDelete