Sunday, April 10, 2005

Must Tomorrow Be Monday?

Did taxes. (Getting refund, which means did not calculate withholding* right. Next year will probably be equally f-ed up, but after that I should be able to figure out how to zero it out.) Did laundry. Lots. Did shopping. Some. Did hair color. Badly needed. Did about twenty minutes of pulling weeds until deciding F that, that's a job for late evenings while the Obsessive One chases lizards, not in the heat of the afternoon. Did work on Yet Another Ribbed Hat - this one in coral, I think the stripe will be yellow. Very sunny for a cold climate. This will be hat six. Somebody, please, stop me. I need to switch to mittens, I really do, this is becoming as bad as Murphy's lizard obsession.

And he is obsessed. He's a Sick Puppy. There are other Things a Dog Should Be Doing in the Yard besides chasing lizards, but he will hunt lizards until his bladder bursts, and then reluctantly takes a quick pee while surveying the fence - God forbid a lizard appears while he has a leg in the air.

But he is my dog, so it figures he'd have the same compulsive tendencies.

I am making yogurt. I started it too late in the day - rather, I started it at a reasonable time but didn't think the milk would take SO LONG to cool. So I've got it in the yogurt maker now, and by the time I wake up very early tomorrow, it may be cheese. Or maybe not. It's fat free, that takes longer to "yog" than the fatted milk. I spent this weekend eating crap and drinking beer, this week will be a serious yogurt and fruit and good things binge. Yes, it will.

I'm so excited - and here is how little it takes to make my shitty workday better - that we now have one of those nice big commercial coffeepots that has a hot water dispenser. No more heating water for tea in the microwave! Actual tea-ready hot water! Decent coffee too, but I'll bet they didn't pop for the decent creamers to go with it, I may take up a collection among the coffee drinkers to get some real half and half. Yes, I will eat fat free yogurt, but you will take my half and half when you pry it from my cold, dead hands. Skim milk in coffee is a crime against humanity. Powdered creamers are just scary.

Making its way around the 'Net: Unitarian Jihad. And if you wish to join:

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Sister Machine Gun of Enlightened Compassion. Get yours.



Found at Creating Text(iles).

*edited to correct brainfarted "deductions" - which I am confident are correct since I have damn few - to "withholding" since I'm getting money back obviously I am letting the gov't keep too much during the year.

2 comments:

  1. ...Sister Hand Grenade of Love suggested that we institute a terror regime of mandatory hugging, but her motion was not formally introduced because of lack of a quorum.

    I laughed my ass off (would that I could)! Deity, that was FUNNY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am....

    Sister Broadsword of Patience

    The word "patience" used to describe me. If that isn't irony, I don't know what is. I like it.

    ReplyDelete