Thursday, March 31, 2016

About that updating more often...

yeah. Um..sorry.

Nothing much going on chez Bossydog. Sophie's still having intermittent runny poop, far less often and less dramatic, but it still happens now and then. Then it reverts to normal for a while, and she's otherwise fine, so I'm just not going to worry about it. Dudley apparently hasn't had a recurrence of his seizure-like thing, so no updates there either. Porch Cat has been sleeping on the porch more often in the last few days, which I attribute more to the presence of coyotes in the neighborhood than a sudden desire to be my cat. He's also hissing less and acting more relaxed - I don't think we're going to make much progress beyond this, but I'll take it.

I need new glasses and a haircut, not necessarily in that order. I was very happy to check the balance in my HSA account from my previous job - glasses are paid for this year, whoo! I do have vision insurance but it doesn't begin to cover the cost of my Mrs. Magoo with astigmatism progressive lenses, and I also need computer glasses for work, so it's always several hundred bucks before I get out the door. I need to take care of this in the next couple of weeks because I've started feeling the eyestrain. I sit in front of two monitors all day long, and when I come home it's hard to think of sitting here and updating this old blog. New glasses will help.

My daughter is crazy excited about our Memorial Day weekend at Disney - she texts and calls just about every day with updated plans. I'm excited too! I've never stayed at one of the resorts, and I'm looking forward to it, and also to the many character meals she's booked for us. Delaney will be over the moon about Akershus Royal Banquet Hall on our first day! I know it's a bit ridiculous that we live 40 minutes away and still want to stay at a resort, but it is a lovely little escape from reality to go play tourist for a few days.

Speaking of reality, I need to move my ass and get ready for work. Happy Friday Eve!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like some progress is good progress with Porch Cat, (who's looks identical to my rescue cat Emma) sorry the occasional Sophie issue looks like it will remain an issue for some time. Post when you can, this should never be a source of stress, but it's fun to hear about everything, even if I don't always post a comment.

Milissa