Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The only good thing I can say about this month is that it's almost over.

So much aggravation, big and small, and a lot of bad news.

A lawyer I worked with, oh God, over 20 years ago, when we were all just kids, has learned that his lung cancer has returned, and he's in for the fight of his life.

A girl my daughter went to high school with has Stage II breast cancer at 30. She just got married. I don't remember Morgan, but my daughter knew her. I'm not sharing that to ask for donations. I'm sharing to let everybody who contributed to Dudley's surgery know that we are paying it forward. My daughter gave part of her tax refund to her classmate, and when she told me about it, I matched her donation. You all were there for her when she didn't have enough cash to cover day care, groceries, gas, and the dog's cancer surgery, and this is obviously far, far, FAR more serious and infinitely more devastating. Just wanted to let you know that we are paying your random acts of kindness forward.

1 comment:

KatyaR said...

News like this really puts things into perspective, doesn't it? It's nice of you to pay it forward. Good thoughts for your friends.

KatyaR and Basie