Saturday, December 03, 2011

Back to Flip-flops in December.

The weather has hit practically perfect - cool enough to sleep comfortably at night, upper 70s during the day. A perfect afternoon to sit on the balcony, enjoy the breeze, and do my nails. I am not a nail polish person and I'm too antsy to sit down for a professional pedicure very often, but every so often I get the urge to look well-groomed. I went with a sheer nothing on my fingers, but went bold on my toes. This color looks great in sunshine, and my toes are seeing a lot of it again.

It was a lazy day - laundry and grooming were my biggest real accomplishment. The animals kept me company on the balcony. I probably should take them shopping with me when I buy real patio furniture, as they get more use out of these temporary cheap chairs than I do. And obviously we need seating for four, because when I do sit out there, the other chair is a hot commodity. Today, Higgins won. Sophie stood in front of me and looked at him, looked at me, looked at him...clearly she expected me to move that damn cat so she could have the chair. I didn't comply, so after much sighing and eye rolling, she took his cat cube.


And speaking of eye rolling - remember the marriage license DMV incident of the other day? I have created a folder for my own ID, including the marriage license, and labeled it, "Papers, Please." As I was putting the license in, I looked it over. The DMV lady had held onto it the entire time she fretted over its acceptability as an official document because she didn't see enough seals on it. She was convinced it was just a religious document because it was signed by the priest who performed the ceremony, even though it clearly stated it came from the county.
I showed her that much, and she insisted it might not be legal, and scurried off with it before I could look at it more closely.

I looked it over today. At the bottom, clear as day, are Doc and Folio numbers where it was recorded by the county. So glad the State of Florida has decided that DMV clerks are qualified as document examiners - no wonder some poor souls have to make four trips to the DMV to get a damn license.

Eye-roll, followed by :::headdesk:::

No comments: