Sunday, August 14, 2005

Sorry 'Bout That.

I re-read last night's post and realized that I had just started rambling without linking to the post with the comment, and my rambling wasn't too clearly expressed. My point - and I did have one - is that intrusion into private medical matters is wrong, and however I may feel about abortion on a personal level, I recognize that protecting it as a privacy issue is the safest course of action if we want to protect other difficult and private medical matters, and privacy in general. As Battle-Ax Barb says, "It's nobody else's business." Funny how that opinion didn't carry through to either of her vile and vindictive sons. The Schiavo nightmare was a chilling example of how far those people will go to push their political agenda.

So that's what I was trying to say last night through the Benadryl fog.

Yes, Kerstin, I was quite puzzled to find that I had brought disgrace to liberalism and civil rights, and I'm trying to figure out how I did it? Was it by going to the source documents in the case (all available online) and reading them? Checking facts before forming an opinion? Damn disgraceful. What-everrrr....

Knitting content later, I think. Maybe even a finished, or almost finished, object.

3 comments:

geogrrl said...

I was also puzzled as to why Sue was embarrassed.

If, according to her comments, you had brought disgrace on Liberalism and civil rights, shouldn't you have been the one who was embarrassed?

As Kirstin said, blogging with a lack of brain matter IS a severe disability.

Anonymous said...

I was slightly concerned to read that she's a teacher... not because I'm afraid of spreading her views, but because I'm afraid of spreading the dearth of rigor and reason her post represents.

Catherine said...

"Research" was never one of the 3 R's.