Saturday, September 11, 2004

Veni, Vidi, VISA. Actually not, I'm a cash paying gal.

New Vincent Longo foundation from Sephora, but that was courtesy of Girlchild's birthday gift card. The Sephora makeup girl was totally amazing - she walked to the right color of the right foundation in ONE hit. It was the most buckage I've ever dropped on foundation in my entire existence, but damn, it's also the most perfect match ever achieved, even beating out my previous high dollar choice, Prescriptives, by damnlongshot.

The next score was a lovely soft robe from Inner Self. When I was at Girlchild's I felt envy for her pink terrycloth robe. My only robe is, I did the math, 11 years old, and thin and not at all suitable for after bath wrapping. Inner Self had a lush lavender robe, so soft it's obscene, and a 25% off sale. Done.

Bath and Body Works - Cotton Blossom, buy three get one free, shower cream and body spray. Sold.

Two boatneck tees from Gap and some books from Barnes and Noble rounded out the day. Four hours of heavy-duty shopping, a relatively modest expenditure, but an entire day not thinking about work or hurricanes or home maintenance. It was good.

Girl is shopping for a gym, and I've been thinking about rejoining the gym my husband and I belonged to before the Cancer Tornado sent us all to Hell's Version of Oz. I think I'm ready to go back. I was really iffy about it before, too many memories of getting up really early with my husband and going there to do weights and cardio before work 3x a week, before the world changed. Now I want it for me. It felt good and I miss it.

Mindless knitting and hurricane-free TV, that's the plan for this evening.

No comments: