Sunday, September 05, 2004

The kids went to Super Walmart to round up additional supplies. I've got cabin fever already and may venture out to do the same, with dog in bag. He has settled down a lot, especially since he figured out that he can actually jump up on the furniture here (he gets traction on the carpet). The novelty of being able to sleep on the couch whenever he wants without asking for help has made him very happy. But I still can't leave him without him freaking out.

Frances is heading up here tonight and tomorrow, so it looks like I'm here until Tuesday. Then I hope the roads are open and my car isn't flooded or hit by a falling tree - Tallahassee is very prone to flooding and has many, many trees.

I'm just watching the Weather Channel, hypnotized by the storm damage, recognizing so many familiar places, and wondering how my house is holding up, how my son's doing, and how my family and friends are faring. We are scattered all over the state and we're all either taking a beating now or will be later.

Off to the store. Before I go stir crazy.

No comments: