Sunday, September 05, 2004

Frances is on her way here, and with all the trees in this town I do not expect to have power past the first strong blast of wind and rain, so this may be my last post for a few days. Boy called, my house is intact but has no power. Since I didn't expect to have power and was concerned about having a waterfall in my living room, I'm quite fine with that. He fared well too - in the dark, but with roof. His worst crisis is they ran out of beer.

I'm here for the next 36 hours, probably - I hope to get up and out Tuesday morning. I'm willing to drive in the tail end of the storm as long as the roads are clear, but in this area I'm kinda doubting they will be clear.

I'm still working on the Plain Jane cardigan, I'm finishing the first side panel while watching the approaching storm. I'm glad it's a light color, I'll be able to work on it by candlelight later.

No comments: