Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Storm prep time again. I'll be out of town when Frances may come by this weekend, so I need to pick up and prepare during the evening this week. We're all still pretty much in disbelief that our area, which hadn't been hit hard by a hurricane in 40 years until Charley, may get hit with a second bad storm in the same season. Of course, it could still change directions and where the eye goes is still up for grabs, but we're almost certain to get brushed with it because it's a huge storm. I may be in Tally an extra day and come home when it has passed. Sheesh. Having sat through Charley, I'd just as soon be out of town when this one happens - I can't hold the skylight on through sheer force of worrying about it, nor can I clean up while it's still raining, so I may as well go to Girlchild's and deal with whatever happens when I get back. Boy will be in town, he can flip a coin between staying in his little old house or coming over here, where we were lucky last time.


Say hello and goodbye to the pink lacy poncho - love the pattern, don't love the color, it'll be frogged and re-started in a more useful chocolate brown.




And just because he hasn't had a picture lately, here's a Murphy shot:


He just listened to the weather report and he's a bit depressed.

No comments: