Sunday, June 13, 2004

My daughter is out of town at a wedding but asked that I post kitchen pictures so she could see them as soon as she gets back. Home Improvement Guys were here today and re-installed the microwave in addition to doing the ceiling lighting and framing for the patio. It's pouring rain now, of course - the first real afternoon rain in weeks has to happen now. I'm betting it'll rain when they try to pour concrete too. Anyway, pictures:








Obviously it's not totally done, the finishing touches still need to go in, but it's 95% complete and usable now and I'm totally delighted with it. It's hard to get great pictures because it's such a small space, but the change to the room is so dramatic, it's like walking into a new house. As you can see, I've already "moved in" and have started to clutter that lovely granite countertop with the stuff of living. Here's a glamour shot of the totally clean countertop:

2 comments:

Marnie said...

Lovely! What a shiny, happy kitchen. I thought of you again today when I took one last look at a paint chip chosen months ago -- after MUCH agonizing -- and realized it was wrong wrong wrong. Within 30 seconds I had settled on one that I think will be much better. Gotta trust those last-minute flashes of inspiration, right? Of course, I'll be blaming you if I hate Imperial Sand and find myself longing for Timeless Taupe.

Catherine said...

Oh my God, these decisions were so hard, I waffled for months about all of this and finally went with my instincts and impulses. It's not "magazine perfect" - it would be "perfect" with black or stainless steel appliances, but I already owned three of the four appliances and two were almost brand new, and I sure wasn't about to change them just to change colors. Same with the overhead lighting - the track light was a compromise to cover a bad spot in the popcorn ceiling from when the ugly old fixture came down. But I'm very happy with the way the cabinets/hardware and countertop came together, it's much nicer in person than in photos. It totally transformed the room and was worth all the expense and headaches.