Sunday, June 13, 2004

I edited my pictures to take out the Old Kitchen shots, to have mercy on those with slower connections. Too many pictures and not about knitting. Right now I am cooking the first meal to be eaten on a real plate with silverware in two weeks. Oh Joy, Oh Rapture!

Home Improvement Guys were here all day, working like crazy. Somehow I couldn't bear to sit on the couch and knit while they were slaving away, so I did some deep and long-overdue housecleaning and unloaded a few more boxes. Still no more shelf paper, so I have to be selective in my unloading as I try to figure out where I want things to Be. I am sure there will be much rearranging as I figure out what doesn't work.

But to get to the subject of knitting, blogging, and synergy: The creative energy shared by knitbloggers is a major reason why I blog. Like the current epidemic of Charlotte Fever - I'm immune so far, but I am catching a creative buzz off it. I may not get around to making it for a long time, as I tend to miss all these "along" trains, but the color and the Koigu are stimulating my knitting juices,even if I'm not making it myself.

I like to see what other people are doing, in their knitting and their real lives. Dogs, cats, kids, grandkids, big promotions and sucky jobs and graduations and vacations, that's who we really are. Our common bond is that we are all fiber-crazed, but we come from all over the world, united by this common mania. I like that. I like the bonus recipes and hilarious dead mouse stories and baby pictures and cat and dog pictures and the whole big happy mess of what makes us who we are. I feel very sad for those who don't appreciate this. Knitting is cool and it's our common bond, but knitting isn't Life. Life is life. And a blog is the small independent monarchy of its owner, and as king or queen of this speck of cyberspace, we can say whatever we want here. Those who don't like it can use the next button. Don't let the door hit your ass, or the ass of the high horse you rode in on.... Whoops, was that out loud?

No comments: