Sunday, July 23, 2017

Operation Slideshow: Failed to Launch.

So I told her about this cool project, described what a 35mm slide was, said how old they were, etc., and she looked at me impassively for a couple of beats and said, "Can we watch E.T.??" So we did. It was a spaghetti and movies and baking cookies evening.

I haven't given up on the idea, but she'll have to be in the mood to do it. Considering that I haven't been in the mood for a year and a half, I can't expect more from her!! We'll try again another time. Meanwhile, I will do a tray or two now and then. The small stack of trays in the corner of the dining room will not go back to oblivion on the bottom shelf.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:20 PM

    Oh, those old 35 mm slides - Erich and Anne's early lives are on the dratted things, cannot throw them out, quality extremely variable, so many VERY unsuitable for printing out. Even a good slide seems to make a crumby print. Then came colour negatives and reasonably decent prints (but pricey), and somewhere about the time Anne's children arrived we moved to digital - and I remember being allowed to take pictures with an ancient Kodak pocket camera, the sort that had a leather bellows!

    Best of luck with the Project,

    Gae, in Callala Bay

    ReplyDelete