Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Red it is.

Okay, those of you tuning in to find the Mermaid Jacket Decision can sleep tonight.

On a far, far happier note - tomorrow is my Last Day! It turns out that my darling Boss scheduled my last day lunch for tomorrow and that's two weeks from the day I gave notice, to bail me out on Friday duty, so I'm cool in the "two weeks is polite if you're hourly" etiquette of timeclock world, nevermind that my job will now be split between a secretary (duh) and several lawyers. So I announced today that tomorrow I'm done, and did my in writing exit interview, in which I spoke my mind concisely and politely, and spotted the "throw your boss under the bus for this" section and clarified that it is NOT about him, it's about YOU. It's not Boss. It's not my real boss. It's not my boss's boss, I love them all to pieces and we are sympatico. It's you fucking corporate assholes. In a year, when you look around and all of us with the brains God gave us have fled, you might figure this out. Or maybe not. I don't care. I'm done.

And Friday my between jobs break begins, and I am planning to do nothing serious or practical. I am such a freaking Type A Results Oriented Neurotic I have to push myself to Vacation. Perhaps I should as our Clueless Leader to tutor me in this month-long vacation concept. I have honestly never had over a week off that wasn't for some serious thing like a c-section or caregiving my terminally ill spouse. It's like another world, this gap between the Work and the Work Nots.

So my thought is that on my week off I will sleep, trek to the NSLYS and buy Rowan and other mags, knit, sit in the sun wearing SPFKazillion watching the dogs romp, and not think about my roof (which is still not on the schedule to be done, but maybe I can score that by Friday). I will go to the gym. I will watch movies. I may redesign the blog, because, you know, it's time.

2 comments:

  1. Let's hear it for some serious me time!

    And yeah, I think you'll wind up loving the red.

    Good for you for not letting them crucify your boss over your departure. A**holes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that means you're at your last day as I write this - Congratulations!
    Enjoy your week off - hope you find the strength to relax before starting the new job.

    ReplyDelete