Thursday, March 17, 2005

Why, Oh Why, Isn't It Friday?

I'm taking tomorrow afternoon off. I need a mental health afternoon. I tried to start the week with a good attitude - it's easier after giving up all hope of this job ever being anything but shitty. I refuse to let them make me stressed and crazy, they are just not worth it. This serene Zen attitude lasted until yesterday afternoon, when the various insults and idiocies piled too high - along with the filing.

Our friends in Coral Gables keep offering us jobs. It's flattering, but it ain't ever gonna happen. I don't want the expense and aggravation of living in Miami, sorry guys. D's firm wanted my resume and I sent it over. I still need to call my old boss S and let him know I'm on the market again.

I woke up at 3:30 this morning after going to sleep at 10. Tonight I have promised to attend a jewelry-making party at a neighbor's house. I am tired just thinking about it, but this girl has invited me to several functions that I couldn't attend, so I don't want to cancel out on her this time. But right now all I want to do is go back to bed and stay there for about a week. I'm just so tired.

Knitting - I finished a kid-sized ribbed hat for The Dulaan Project and have cast on another. I think it's a good pattern choice, it's simple and warm, with a wide cuff that folds back and makes a nice, thick, double layer of woolly warmth over the ears. There will be more where this came from. My hands have almost healed from last weekend's yard work(just in time for this weekend's work) but I added insult to the other injuries by taking a gouge out of my finger on one of our cheapass shitty metal file cabinets - on my left index finger, to be precise. My yarn-controlling finger. I knit continental style. So the soft Cascade 220 hats are all my wounded hands want to touch right now - thank heaven for all my felting leftovers, they will be recycled into various charity projects. When I get sick of this hat style I may switch to fulled mittens.

MDS&W - I almost reserved my room, but the hotel wanted full, non-refundable payment. I'm not quite ready to commit yet, not with so many work things up in the air at once. But I really do want to go.

Photos of knitted hats and sleeping cats if the sun every shines again.

1 comment:

  1. I love mental health days. I need one! Yeah, coral Gables is expensive even if they pay you more.

    Do gloves help your hands?

    ReplyDelete