Saturday, February 26, 2005





You Are 31 Years Old



31





Under 12: You are a kid at heart. You still have an optimistic life view - and you look at the world with awe.

13-19: You are a teenager at heart. You question authority and are still trying to find your place in this world.

20-29: You are a twentysomething at heart. You feel excited about what's to come... love, work, and new experiences.

30-39: You are a thirtysomething at heart. You've had a taste of success and true love, but you want more!

40+: You are a mature adult. You've been through most of the ups and downs of life already. Now you get to sit back and relax.




I'm really 46.

Stress is doing crazy things to my hormones - to say more would be TMI. I've felt sick all week, too. My body is begging me to get the hell out of that job.

To celebrate this Me Day, I shall go to the gym, do all of the laundry and buy fresh cheap flowers, (because - hooray! nobody ate the last batch!) go to Barnes & Noble and treat myself to some glossy magazines of pretty fluff, and go to Best Buy and spend the gift cards I've been carrying around since Christmas on some DVDs for the collection. Then I will work on updating my resume, email it to Boss to take a look and tell me what I'm forgetting (I tend to sell myself short) and then send it to a local headhunter I know. I'll also send a copy to a paralegal friend who says they're looking at her firm, so she can pass it on. And then I will park my happy ass on the couch and knit. I'm very close to finishing the body of the top-down cardigan and there is at least a theoretical possibility that there will be a finished sweater around these parts this weekend.

I've just started reading a book called Visioning, and it's very intriguing and not as wifty as it sounds. It seems to have come into my life at the right time - the career kick in the ass has hit me, and it's time for a fresh start. I have lived in deal with the crisis du jour, just cope and get through the day mode for so many years, I am not sure I can even define what it is I want for the second half of my life, but clearly this is something I need to think about and work on, because...uh...it's here.

3 comments:

  1. I admire you for facing your problem head on and doing something about it! Good luck in your job search and I hope the new position brings you more satisfaction - meanwhile, stock up on knitting, tea, knitting, wine and knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:20 AM

    yarngirl forgot.....knitting, chocolate, knitting.

    Oh, and I do enjoy your comments over at homegrowndaisy. I am just truly bad at leaving comments (with the above exception which might be considered as a truly bad comment).

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could I forget chocolate???? 30 lashes for me!!!

    ReplyDelete