Sunday, February 27, 2005

Sunday morning, rain is falling....

So sue me, I love Maroon 5. Apparently this is the height of uncoolness in some circles - I note that critics snark all over them. I note that I don't care.

So it's Sunday and therefore time for Actual Knitting Content! Not mine, somebody else's. Claudia's blog has a link to an article on sock knitting, and many comments defending dpns over the two circs method. I remain unimpressed with the two circs method, and have lost interest in the sock I was making. I've got about 4.5 inches of ribbing done and I'm seriously considering frogging it. Those flopping circs are annoying the crap out of me, as is rearranging half the stitches to move them into knitting position every couple of minutes. For me it is not faster, it is not easier, its only advantage is it's easier to carelessly stuff the unfinished sock in a bag without worrying about losing any stitches. And carelessly stuffed in a bag it is, and carelessly stuffed in a bag it has remained all week. I'm just not enjoying it. I think I'm talking myself into ripping it as I'm writing this.

There are so many blogs on the ring now, it's hard to keep up and I'm constantly stumbling across new ones - at least, new to me. I really need to update my sidebar, because I often find fun blogs on other people's sidebars. Mia is a chicklit reading knitting firefighter. I love it - a glimpse into a non-traditionally female work world, book reviews and tales of knitted willy warmers. Oh, and good quizzes.

Okay, I really want to go to Maryland Sheep and Wool. I'm just in the thinking about it stage right now, but I realized that a dogsitter will be moving in the week before (Girlchild returns to the nest May 1). I also realize I am in the process of changing jobs, but that's not that big an issue because I have never had anybody balk at a day or two off for a pre-arranged trip. And I'm thinking if I do it, I'd actually rather drive than fly. I've made the MD to FL drive in one day many times in my life (I grew up in Bowie and have cousins in DC and Annapolis). I'll continue to think about it, maybe I can make it so.

4 comments:

  1. Catherine, if you can swing it, I would love to see you at Maryland Sheep and Wool. Like you said, you have done the trip before in one day. If you can't make it and want something, let me know. I like shopping for other peole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you should go to the MD Sheep and Wool. There is absolutely NOTHING like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I know I should go, I just have no idea if I'll be able to work it out or not. I should have an idea of what's happening in the next week or two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:07 AM

    I love Maroon 5, too!! Some people feel to hate on everything that's popular, but c'mon their songs are fun.
    Patti
    http://redvelvetcake.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete