Sunday, September 10, 2017

Not Good for the West Coast


But better for us. That cone doesn't mean the storm is missing us. It just means that the center of the storm is tracking west. We are getting rain from the outer bands already, and expect a lot more tonight, along with a lot of wind, but not hurricane force wind. That's not too alarming. I'm probably going to sit this one out in my condo, rather than go to my daughter's house. I'm watching the reports and if the track shifts more toward us I may reconsider. I can have the car packed and relocate in 20 minutes if it seems wise, but right now, I don't think it'll be necessary. I'm taking advantage of having power by doing all the laundry I can, and vacuuming all the pet hair, and it's very, very gray and boring.

I hope it stays this way. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting!

Anonymous said...

Good to see your post, we've bad storms forecast for tomorrow (SW of England) but pretty tame compared to Irma. Stay safe, we need you!

Sarah.

Anonymous said...

Watching every news report here, trying to knit with fingers crossed, sending good thoughts and hugs.

Gae, in Callala Bay