Wednesday, May 10, 2017

So. Yeah.

Right now I think it may be easier to make a list of Republicans who aren't up to their eyeballs in this or hoping to get in on the grift. Seriously, we need that list, because our democracy is actually at stake.  We've gone from "Hmm...did you smell a hint of treason?" to firing the FBI director with a comically bullshit letter, right after grand jury subpoenas were issued, and the following day, a meeting in the Oval Office with the Russian identified as a spy recruiter in the Steele dossier.  Oh, and WH press pool was excluded. Photos were provided by Russian media, who WERE allowed in. And other credible accounts hint that the puppet is starting to lose his shit, and he does look rough in those photos provided via Russian media.  Meanwhile, Fox, now our state media, claims Comey resigned, and the Puppet sent his new favorite lady stooge to friendly faces on Fox to say that we need to just stop talking about this already!

Honestly, you cannot make this shit up; reality is far more sinister than fiction.

Am I allowed to "sound angry" yet? Because goddamn, people, those of us capable of critical thinking were already concerned that this was where it was going, not wanting to believe it. Yet, here we are.

I'm old enough to remember Watergate.  A lot of comparisons are being drawn to Nixon's downfall.

This shit is way worse. That was a fraternity prank compared to the long game infiltration of our government, the mind games played, the social media trolling.  Yet the Congressional Republicans and Fox News still insist "nothing to see here," so that brings me to my original question: is anyone making a list of Republican patriots? Because we need to get those people to fight this shit along with the rest of us. 

Again: Resistbot.  Daily Action.  Even the most introverted can do it. You don't have to make a speech, you can just send a fax, or call with a short, easy, scripted message. Hi, I'm ___ and I live in ___ zipcode, and I want an independent investigation of Russia's involvement with the election. Thank you.  That's all you need to say.   If you are on Twitter, use it. I politely asked Senator Bill Nelson to push for a special prosecutor, and got a bunch of retweets, which is a new experience for me, because I rarely tweet. 

My personal focus will be on Marco Rubio. His office was hacked. He claimed it didn't succeed.

But he's on the record that it happened to him, and how can he now not want further investigation? 

So, yeah.  We are living in interesting times, aren't we? 

I'm going to go walk, and then crochet. Because I need exercise and mindless, meditative making things.


3 comments:

Kirsten said...

I think I speak for most when I say "AAAAUUUUUUGGGHHHH!"

I've got a movie to put in. I think I'll curl up on the couch and knit to it.

Catherine said...

We need planned breaks. Take them.

Cinderellen said...

I live in Massachusetts, and I know my elected representatives are voting as I wish. That's encouraging. But leaves me feeling helpless because my calls would achieve nothing. I do bombard my "conservative " friends with factual information which they do not like at all.