Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Oh, and Random Commercial Endorsement.

My daughter turned me on to Target's Cartwheel app. She found it via a Mommyblogger she follows. Yes, there's a lot of weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth and low ratings via people who hate the idea that it is linked to the Evil, Evil Facebook, but, yanno, there is no reason why you can't set up a FB account with an email you set up for purely commercial purposes, if you are really, really paranoid about "Zucky" knowing your preference in toothpaste. Or you could do what I did, and set your privacy setting for the app to private so you aren't bothering your friends every time you buy toothpaste, and the hell with it. (And Zucky - I prefer Crest ProHealth, but I've been known to flirt with other brands. What can I say? I am a woman of mystery.)

The first time Girlmama used the app she saved $13 bucks, on one trip for household necessities. I was intrigued enough to sign up. A/C filters discounted - check. My new fave Gevalia coffee - check. Christmas decor - yup. All stuff I'd buy anyway (including some things I bought the WEEK BEFORE she clued me in). This is not a commercial endorsement, just a passing along of newfound knowledge for those like me who don't follow the mommyblogs. I'd never have found this app on my own.

No comments: