Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Christmas Book

My Amazon order arrived yesterday, and I'm SO glad I bought two copies of The Spirit of Christmas. I was only going to get one for Supergirl, since next weekend we are having a Thanks-Christma-Hanukkah weekend and it felt like the right book to launch the holiday season. I'm looking forward to reading it with her, and I'm glad I got one for Miss D, so I can do the same with her after I return.

That's the thing about having granddaughters hundreds of miles apart. I see a lot of buying things like this in twos in my future. A terrible, terrible burden, as you can imagine. :-)

I finished a hat for Supergirl yesterday, and cast on one in the same pattern for the boy cousin. I'm making Little Turtle Knits' Honey Do hat in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted. It's a quick, very fun pattern in a luxuriously soft yarn, and therefore perfect TV knitting. I've got two of the three hats done and the third started, and I may have time and yarn to make a couple of extras, in case more distant cousins require headwear.

Yes, I do see the humor in refusing to do Christmas knitting, but committing myself to Thanksgiving knitting.



No comments: