Saturday, July 06, 2013

Canine Update.

I was going to write a really long catch-up post, but realized that the people who are here for the dogs wouldn't enjoy wading through my stuff.  So, Canine Update:

Murphy's doing just fine.  Whatever it was that triggered that "Fixin' to Die" morning passed, and has not recurred.  He's his old annoying, demanding little self again.  Total Vet Bills for Murphy for the last 30 days:  $405.00.

Sophie obviously was feeling left out.  I got home from work yesterday and saw her spinning like a top on her little butt. Yup. Anal Gland Issue; right side this time.  That will teach me to be casual about a monthly date with the vet for expressing said glands, before this happens.  I called right away, and they "squeezed' her in (har har) but, it already was too impacted to be expressed.  I swear to GOD I watch her butt like a hawk, and it wasn't even showing signs of puffing when I left for work that morning.  How the hell does it do this?  It was too late in the day to sedate her and lance it, so this morning we were there bright and early for lancing and flushing and meds, oh my.  She's doing fine.  My bank account is lighter by another $160. 

These dogs are the reason I don't have a nicer car.  I adore them and wouldn't trade them for anything, but obviously, this is where my discretionary income goes every month. 

Stuff about me to follow.  Murphy's feeling well enough to annoy the hell out of me. He wants a walkie.


No comments: