Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Nine Hundred Dollar Cat

Boris would like to thank teh innernets for teh love. After a night of flat-out sleeping on the garage floor, looking dead, at 6 a.m. there was crunching of kibble in the kitchen. Teh Kitteh Lives! He is not back to his old self yet, but he's purring louder and eating, and using the litterbox, and all of this is looking very promising.

Kitteh is feeling better, thank you, and has selected Science Diet k/d as his nom of choice. I thought Royal Canin was in the lead earlier, but nope, Science Diet was greeted with more enthusiasm. Fortunately, there is no harm in putting the other old man on the same food, and that makes life easier, if not cheaper. Sigh.

Anyway, he, and I, thank everyone for their prayers and good thoughts - he's improving.

6 comments:

Teresa said...

I'm so glad! I've checked your blog about 10 times today already for news - glad Boris seems to be on the mend!
Hugs from Teresa, Casey and Jasmine

Anonymous said...

Well hurray!!! I hope he continues to hold his own, cranky old guy.

Kimmen

Anonymous said...

Moar love for teh pretty grey kitteh!

--Janet

k said...

I'm so glad he's better.
Thank you for posting this. I've been wanting a creature, but vet bills wait for no paycheck, and I couldn't begin to afford these kinds of bills.
So I will virtually pet Boris instead.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Boris is on the mend. About 3 months ago all the animals in my house were acting weird one morning. Dogs and cat usually get along great, but 30 minutes after work I got a call saying dogs attacked cat. Went home with nothing broke and only severe muscle bruising on his hip Karter took almost a week to finally get back to moving and using litter box. Whew, was happy when that happened. Inherited Karter when Auntie passed away. She would whirl around her jar if something happened to him. Again, glad all is well. Deeknitter fm KS

Anonymous said...

thrilled to hear about Boris feeling better-- and hopefully you were able to take your trip and leave him at home?! (I'm reading this on Monday morning)
Elizabeth