Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I need a damn job. Fast.

Because I finished the Euroflax Barcelona linen shawl already, and I'm not even sure how many days it took - maybe a week? Less? That just ain't right, not only is this obscenely fast for even an easy linen shawl, but I can't even remember which day I started. I would have to read my own blog archives to figure it out. The days are running together.

This is it, in its pre-blocking state. 1300 yards of Louet Euroflax Barcelona, and I swear it's too small. I washed it, dried it part of the way in the dryer, and it is drying the rest of the way on beach towel in the guest room. It is Barely Big Enough - I am not that big, at my heaviest I hit a size 12, but I like a shawl big enough to hang in place and not slip awkwardly if I try to use my arms. The eggplant prototype shawl of a few years ago is plenty big enough, it drapes nicely - I'm thinking that was 5 or 6 skeins of sport-weight Euroflax. This one is a bit wider, knitted more loosely because the other was a bit too uptight, but significantly shorter. So, yeah, I'll have to do this yet again. This one will be lovely somewhere. It would be a perfect table runner on my small kitchen table if I decide it won't work as a shawl, but the jury is still out on that.



I swear, he did get up to eat and pee and bark at the UPS Man since the last photo was taken.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's so shinyyyyy.

vi said...

he moved his head too

vi