Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Asheville.

Asheville is adorable. I loved it. Just totally adored the area, the city, the many "Re-Elect Gore" bumper stickers. I loved the wholesome family "vegetarian march" wandering around town. I loved the way even the scariest looking youth nodded politely and said hey. It's charming. I could live there, if I could find a place to make a living, but there are only three tall buildings in town and not what you'd call a bustling business district outside town. It's very artsy-fartsy, crunchy-granola-y, funky, a bargain compared to similar places in bigger cities, and drop-dead beautiful. The microbrew beer, great food and friendly atmosphere is plentiful and cheap, but the jobs? It seems to be normal to have two or three. I think I'm too old for that. On impulse Boy and I stopped in at an open house, a beeeyoutifully restored 20's era house, and OHMYGAWD it was to die for, but it was huge and about a hundred grand out of my price range.

Friday we visited Graveyard Fields. The photos I am struggling to post (damn Blogger!) were all taken in that area. More later.

No comments: