Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Paralegal Off Ramp Exit in Sight.

So, without boring you with technicalities that will make your brain ache, there's a drainage issue that needs fixin' and our crack team of experienced land people are backing away, because this involves figurin' out legal how and the dirt how. And you know, it's the damndest thing but I can actually see the dirt how and the legal how. So now it's my baby. And I get to talk to the engineers and the lawyers and translate engineer into lawyer and back again. And in my spare time I clean up title exceptions and do contract shit and HOA shit. I am being pulled into the Dirt Side (Darth Vader says, "Luke...") but the Legal Side still has me in its talons. And I can't tell which one IS the Dark Side. Be careful what you wish for....

But it's fun. But this is why I am not into being Challenged by My Knitting. I don't want knitting I must do in silence, without distraction. I want knitting I can do with a phone to my ear and the TV on and a beer at my side. Because dammit, I get all the freaking brain challenge I need between 8 and wheneverthehell I get out of there. Lunch meeting tomorrow. Girl is at the beach. Clench those bladders, dogs!

4 comments:

geogrrl said...

Yee ha! Sounds good.

I like to be both, but I have a tendency to bite off WAY more than I can chew.

Famous last words?

"How hard could it be?"

That's gotten me into trouble more often than I can count.

Debi said...

And I find getting lost in a pattern keeps me sane. Isn't it great one knitter's prince is another knitter's toad :)

Catherine said...

I can get lost in a pattern when I have the brainpower left to look at something complicated, but seriously, after trying to wrap my brain around construction plans and HOA docs and ordinances and all that crap - all on ONE issue - I want Garter Stitch. And reruns of Friends. And a winning lottery ticket.

Catherine said...

My words to live by are: The first three versions of the story are wrong. I had three people tell me what we needed on the drainage issue. They're all right in their own way, but you have to put it in a blender, bake it and slice it to get to an answer. Thank GOD for our lawyer, I gather the tissue, he dissects the problem, he puts it on a slide, and we discuss what sort of organism we have and how we kill it/name it/cure it. I love him to death and if he ever leaves us as his client, I'm gone too. I know what's out there in real estate lawyer world and he is one in a million.