Saturday, September 25, 2004

Wheee! Took Murphy out for what was supposed to be his last long stroll before the storm. We barely got to the end of the street when we ran into our neighbors, a 13 y.o. and his beautiful and bouncy young golden retriever. He was trying to wear her out before hours of confinement. We had just paused and exchanged two sentences when a stiff squall hit us and the wind whipped up and the rain just started pounding down. So the four of us did a brisk jog home - the dogs loved it, the golden danced and romped, Murphy just did his gleeful charging into the wind, tongue lolling, hair blowing, enjoying the hell out of it. The humans were in flip-flops and less enthused and less able to keep up. It really was fun, but we were drenched to the bone in two minutes and I was so glad to be able to change into dry clothes and blow dry my hair. I am very attached to my dryer and I hope I won't be missing it tomorrow. I'm thinking that was the last attempt at a real walkie for many hours. I'm glad the carpet is old. It's due to be replaced anyway, we'll just call it a casualty of the storms.

I'm thinking it won't be a picnic here but it also won't be devastating, so I may or may not be back. Cross your fingers for me that the power stays on.

No comments: